NEWS & VIEWS
Your Sadaqa Food Bank Resource Center
2022 Distribution Report
Here is a review of the data collected between January 2022 to December of 2022.
What You Need
If you wish to sign up as a client, please bring the following items with you to be reviewed for the eligibility to receive a food donation
- Photo Identification for the person picking up food and Proof of Identity for each member of your household (driver's license, health card, bus pass, birth certificate, passport or permanent resident's card).
- Proof of Address such as recent mail with your name, address and date (government letters, hydro or phone bill, drug card).
- Any documents that display whether you are receiving income (pay stub or HST/Child benefit).
- Solid, reusable grocery bags or backpack to carry your groceries.
- As we are are seeing an increase in clients, we have setup an appointment system in order for you to receive food, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and book a time slot.
For recurring clients:
Please bring your:
- Food bank card
- Valid Ontario ID
- An empty oil bottle (to receive oil)
- Solid reusable grocery bag
You Can Make a Difference
VOLUNTEER YOUR TIME
Show Your Support
We thank the community members of Ottawa for their continued effort in helping Sadaqa Food Bank in any way. We have recently opened our doors for new volunteers to come and assist us at our facility. If you are interested, please fill in the FORM in the link below send it to us at email@example.com with your RESUME and we will get back to you with details on how you can help.
MAKE A DONATION
Make A True Change
Our organization always appreciates the generosity and involvement of people like you, with every contribution going towards making Sadaqa Food Bank an even better Food Bank than it already is.
General Food items we require are the following:
- Canned food
- All non perishable items
Please visit our partner and drop locations if you would like to donate any food items. The locations are as follows:
Al Jazeerah Food & Meat Market
Desi Price Club, Merivale Rd
M F Food Mart
Human Concern International
South Nepean Muslim Community (SNMC-Barrhaven)
Ottawa Muslim Association - Ottawa Mosque
Kanata Muslim Association (KMA)
Jami Omar Mosque
Centre Islamique de l'Outaouais
The Mosque of Aylmer / La Mosquée d'Aylmer
Darul Sunnah (Masjid Al-Rahma)
Islamic Society of Cumberland (Masjid Bilal)
Silk Road Foods
Shirin Market, Kanata
Stittsville Musallah (SMA)
Thank you so much for your donations!
Supporting your community with a Sadaqa Food Cupboard donation makes a positive difference in the lives of adults and children.
Your monetary donation helps support:
The purchase of non-perishable food such as rice and pasta.
The purchase of perishable food such as milk, meat, fruits and vegetables.
Day-to-day food bank operations such as the rental of warehouse facilities.
To give a monetary donation, click on the link below. You will then be taken to the ICNA donation page. To donate Sadaqa Food bank Ottawa, within the "Select Projects" dropdown, select "Food Bank - Ottawa". From there you can select the payment type and how often you would like to donate.
Our Community Partners
Sadaqa food bank Ottawa gratefully acknowledges the support of our wonderful sponsors, donors and community partners.